Commercial refrigeration – dos and don’ts for small business owners
If you own a small business that serves food or drinks, chances are you have a commercial refrigeration system in place to keep your products cold. While these systems are essential for keeping your business running smoothly, they can also be a source of frustration if they break down.
To help you avoid the headache of a broken fridge, we’ve put together a list of dos and don’ts for small business owners when it comes to commercial refrigeration.
– Keep your fridge clean and free of debris. A build-up of dirt and dust can cause your fridge to work harder than it needs to, which can lead to premature breakdowns.
– Check the seals on your doors regularly. Loose or damaged seals can let in warm air, causing your fridge to work overtime to keep things cool.
– Be mindful of what you’re putting in your fridge. Overloading it with too much food or drink can put a strain on the system and cause it to break down.
– Keep an eye on the temperature. Your fridge should be set to a cool, but not cold, temperature to ensure that your products are being properly preserved.
– Schedule regular maintenance check-ups. Just like your car, your commercial fridge needs to be serviced regularly to keep it running smoothly.
– Have a backup plan. In the event that your fridge does break down, it’s important to have a contingency plan in place so that your business can continue to operate without interruption.
– Put hot food or drinks straight into your fridge. This can raise the internal temperature and cause your fridge to work harder than necessary.
– Leave the door open for extended periods of time. Every time the door is opened, warm air rushes in and causes the fridge to work harder to cool things down again.
– Ignore strange noises coming from your fridge. This could be a sign that something is wrong and needs to be fixed.
– Forget to defrost your fridge. Ice buildup can interfere with the cooling process and cause your fridge to break down.
– Neglect regular maintenance. As we mentioned before, scheduling regular check-ups for your fridge is essential to keeping it running properly.
By following these simple dos and don’ts, you can help ensure that your commercial refrigeration system stays in good working order for years to come. And if you ever do run into problems, remember that All So Cool fridge mechanics Brisbane and Gold Coast are here to help! We’re your one-stop shop for all your commercial refrigeration needs, so give us a call today on 07 3422 0011 – we’re available 24/7.