When it comes to Commercial Refrigeration, spotting issues in advance can make all the difference. As a small business owner – particularly if you serve food and drink, or need to store perishable items, it’s important to be aware of the signs that indicate you need a new Commercial Refrigerator and take action quickly!
Here are 7 ways to tell when it’s time for an upgrade:
1. Strange Noises
- If you can hear strange noises coming from the Commercial Refrigerator, such as buzzing or rattling, this could be an indication of a problem with the motor or compressor. These sounds could indicate that the cooling system is starting to fail or that the Refrigerator is no longer operating efficiently, and you should get it checked out by a professional.
2. Unusual Smells
- If you are noticing strange smells coming from your Commercial Refrigerator, this could indicate that food is spoiling due to improper temperatures, a sign of electrical failure, or that something else is causing a malfunction. Don’t let this issue go unchecked, as it could cost you dearly.
3. Leaking Water
- If your Commercial Refrigerator is leaking water, this often indicates a problem with the defrost drain or defrost cycle. This can be an indication of a bigger issue that needs urgent attention from an experienced refrigeration technician such as those found at All So Cool.
4. Unusual Temperatures
- If your Commercial Refrigerator is not keeping the food at the correct temperature, this could indicate a mechanical issue. If you notice the temperature going above or below the recommended range for your Commercial Refrigerator, it’s time to call in a professional
5. High Energy Bills
- If your Commercial Refrigerator is not working as efficiently as it should be, you could start seeing an increase in your energy bills – and this could be a sign that you need to invest in a new one. The longer you wait, the more money you’ll end up spending on electricity!
6. Ice Buildup
- If you notice ice building up in your Commercial Refrigerator, this could indicate a problem with the cooling process. This could be an issue with the frost-free cycle or it could also indicate that your Refrigerator is no longer working at all.
- Even if your Commercial Refrigerator is still technically running, it’s important to be aware of the age of the unit – as older models can start consuming more energy and may need replacing sooner rather than later. If it’s been over 10 years since you purchased your Commercial Refrigerator, it might be time to start shopping around for a new one!
By actively acknowledging these warning signs and acting on them, you could be saving your business a lot of money in the future – but if you ignore them, you could be putting your business at risk.
If you are in need of some assistance with your Commercial Refrigeration needs, contact All So Cool today. We specialize in all aspects of refrigeration, ice machines, and beverage dispensing – from supply and installation, to maintenance and repairs.
Chat to All So Cool fridge mechanics Brisbane and Gold Coast on (07) 3422 0011 to discuss how we can help keep your business running cool. We are available 24/7.